The Trademark Trial and Appeal Board (TTAB) hears and decides trademark oppositions and cancellations, handles concurrent use proceedings, and decides appeals of final refusals issued by the United States Patent and Trademark Office. We routinely handle oppositions, cancellation and concurrent use rights and are experienced in all phases of TTAB proceedings, including, but not limited, to settlement conferences; initial, expert, and pretrial disclosures; and the creation and review of expert reports and testimony.
Recent rule and statutory changes has led to TTAB proceeding being similar to civil litigation, therefore, we apply our proven litigation skill to successfully resolve cases in a variety of ways, from early settlement through trial.
The following cases are a representative sampling of some of our cases at the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board:
- Richdale Dairy Stores, LLC, v. Rawshon, Inc. (T.T.A.B. 2018)
- Sweetwater Sound, Inc., v. D’Pergo Custom Guitars, Inc. (T.T.A.B. 2018)
- Jayme Ahearn, Victoria Ahearn, v. Daily Health, Inc. (T.T.A.B. 2018)
- Advanced Ingredients, LLC, v. William Nitze (T.T.A.B. 2018)
- DG International Holdings Limited, v. M. Rufus Woodard, Jr. (T.T.A.B. 2018)
- Pure Honeymoons LLC v. Destination Wedding Travel, Inc. (T.T.A.B. 2016)
- Milwaukee Brewers Baseball Club, Limited Partnership v. Kevin Merritt, et al. (T.T.A.B. 2016)
- Citizen Holdings Co., Ltd. v William Agush (T.T.A.B. 2016)